Saturday, June 22, 2024

2024 Where has it gone Joe Dimagio?

 So I finally posted for 2024. I apologized for 2023. It's June and I mentioned previously my blog has migrated from food and stories to health related issues. A topic of great importance these days. I had my heart procedures done and no response from my disco heart in this rock and roll body. 

So Dr Quinn wanted to put a defibrillator in and I asked what about a pacemaker to set the beats and reduce the speedy AFIB? Hmmm seemed logical and it was agreed upon and a Boston Scientific combo was installed. Home the next day wound healed perfectly and Dr Quinn a magician. The heart beating a steady 80 BPM now.

So guess what Arnold...yeah that one had a pacemaker put in same day and time as me. Two days later he's telling everyone about it lol. We're both doing good although we don't chat. 

So that is where I've been spending my time, now I'm  back to biking and swimming no real noticeable difference. I see my VA cardiologist next week to see what she thinks. My questions to them is..

1 Why don't they have AI to help with heart and body coordination?

2 Does the heart heal after the beats are stabilized?

3 Does it strengthen then when cardio is returned to the patients daily routine?

So far I read the big danger is falling down from the heart meds and I wonder can they be switched for Chinese herbs? I did well using them for years.

LUNCH or more of a mid morning brunch. The previous picture Cheebooger cheebooger obviously named after John Belushi and his Greek Restaurant skit form SNL. I have been placing an order every other week from Dutch Meadows Farms in PA. This morning we did a burger pattie  with Australian cheddar, sauteed vidalia onions on a Einhorn sourdough bun tomato (huge farmers market?) and romaine fresh from the aforementioned farm. Delicious healthful no added anything. The beef is grass fed and finished. Can't say enough about the service and quality of DMF.

I'll try to be better and have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment