Sunday, July 17, 2022

Cars, Cars and more Cars

 I know I know where have I been? Doing nothing really and the Tao says "do nothing and nothing remains undone". I did have a New York Strip from Stonnington Farms. Very nice... today I sauteed 2 dozen Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp for my weeks protein. I'm developing more recipes too.




BUT...this last few days the Cruisin the Coast buzz has been growing. My BEMA (Big Easy Mopar Assn) guys are prepping their cars. One of my FB groups asked what the most scary car following you was...the consensus was a Dodge Charger cop car lights blazing. I posted our twin 2011 Dodge Father/Daughter Nitros with the Scatpack tags. I did get the "not really very scary" comments which made me want to challenge with my car history. I did. I am.

Since Chrysler acquired AMC in 1987 they are a part of the MOPAR Group too. So my 1969 AMX two seater 390 cu 4 speed Hurst with Drag Pack qualifies. Very fast and I did get to race it in Cincinnati. It was my first restoration. That was in college. It was my last "hi po vintage machine"



Speaking of drag racing my track was US 30 Dragstrip (https://lostindiana.net/2001/08/01/us-30-drag-strip-hobart/)      4 miles east of Gary (IN) on highway US30. Where the "great ones run" on

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!


The Cuda below is pictured on a different track. This is actually the landing strip at the old US ARMY airbase Fliegerhorst Caserne Hanau West Germany. The car was shipped over and raced by one of the NCOS. I had a 1971 340 CUDA myself in orange. It was fun going to the Army drags. One Sunday afternoon the races were stopped to land a plane.


Topics come up hourly on the FB groups asking all sorts of questions. One was "What wheels were the best?" The Cragar S/S Mag wheel has always been the number one wheel in my book. Shown below off their website, Ironically I owned the Gold Supertricks shown on the AMX above.



But the question I responded too I answered "Fenton mags". I bought a set of Fenton Slotted mags for my 1968 Dodge Charger. They were popular and I paid about $25 a piece for them used. I should have bought the car they were on too...a 1968 Ford Galaxy Convertible. 



I've had a few cars and all of them have stories. We're not finished driving yet...unless I get money, a limo and a driver then it's like the Rock and Roll Express Disney ride. Taylor and my favorite.


See ya in my rear view mirror...the lights green.

No comments:

Post a Comment