Sunday, May 22, 2022

Instant Pot

 

I purchased an Instant Pot 3 quart cooker yesterday at Walmart for $69. Throughout my life I've had various cookers...whatever cooker was the rage. Blenders, juicers and kitchen tools as well. I have to say cooking beans was never easier. Being on the Gundry Lifestyle nutrition program (avoiding lectins basically) left cooking beans and legumes to the "pressure cooker " or long time periods of soaking.

The Instant Pot did it in about 40 minutes start to finish. I found the recipe online bought the pot, put in two cups of pinto beans from Nut's.com covered with about two inches of water, turned it on and that was it. I see myself doing various beans, legumes and peas weekly. Delicious, nutritious food...no cans and NO lectins.


Grandma's "pressure cooker". Frankly a pretty scary looking device brought out at holiday season, Sundays and church dinners. Somewhere in my youth the slow cook "crock pot" eclipsed this monster. It reminds of a still from an old Jimmy Cagney movie. 

I can't wait to cook more beans...black beans next and of course chick peas or garbanzo beans. I'll make delicious hummus or bake them after to a nice crisp flavored with a bit of sea salt. A great snack.

Anyway...we're having fun with a new old cooking style.

No comments:

Post a Comment